Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS release dates (perhaps)

Canonical has announced the current release date for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

I mention the word current, because this is all subject to change.

The date released is April 17th 2014.

Here is the rundown thanks to the Ubuntu Wiki and OMG! Ubuntu!

Alpha 1 - December 19th (for flavours)
Alpha 2 – January 23rd (for flavours)
Beta 1 – February 27th (for flavours)
Final Beta – March 27th
Release Candidate – April 10th

For those of you who use an Ubuntu derivative like me, (Xubuntu for me) there has been no word as of yet, but I'm sure the release will be fairly soon after Ubuntu's release.

I usually don't post release dates here, but I am a LTS man myself, and thought I would mention it here for those of you who stick with the LTS releases as well.

1 comment:

  1. I know this will be put on a million Ubuntu geek's blogs just like mine. This is mostly a note for me, so I can be ready to download it when it is available.

    ReplyDelete