Thursday, March 27, 2014

Songza, a free music streaming and recommendation service


Looking for a good place to listen to music, I found Songza.

Considering the plethora of services out there, what makes Songza special?

A mix of great playlists and the fact that Songza attempts to mirror your current mood.
Rather successfully in my opinion, I might add.

Here's a blurb about Songza I found at Wikipedia:

"Stating that its playlists are made by music experts, the service recommends various playlists based on time of day and mood or activity. Songza offers playlists for activities such as waking up, working out, commuting, concentrating, unwinding, entertaining, and sleeping. Users can vote songs up or down, and the service will adapt to the user's personal music preferences. Users can find playlists not just based on artists, songs, or genres, but also based on themes, interests, and eras, such as "songs in Apple Commercials", "90s One-Hit Wonders", and "Music of Fashion Week". Songza is headquartered in the Long Island City neighborhood of New York City."

Here's a visual look at what Songza offered me this morning to try and figure my mood out:




I love this service. Free, geared to my current mood, and great song titles make this a 10 out of 10 for me.

Check it out and decide for yourself. Songza.

No comments:

Post a Comment