Saturday, July 14, 2012

Ubuntu 12.04 changes to Chinese, with no option for English

I wanted to write this article, because I have personally had this problem 3 times. I am not certain who causes this issue, but thanks to the good people at AskUbuntu, I changed it back to English.

I can personally vouch for just how amazingly frustrating this is... so here is the fix, as is stated at http://askubuntu.com/questions/132347/gnome-classic-language-turned-into-chinese-how-do-i-change-it-back-to-english/132350#132350 ...

*** NOTE! ***
My screen did NOT say english, it had a chinese character... However, i still followed these instructions and had my language turned back into english. Pick the top language! 

- Beginning of answer at AskUbuntu -


Click on your username in the upper right corner of the screen, and choose the bottom option in the menu that pops out.
User menu
In the dialog that opens, the second option allows you to change your language.
User account
Change it back to English, or whatever language you like. Then, reboot.
I have the same problem y I solved just one min ago.
You have to select the first lenguage option, and then relogin the Gnome session.
NOTE: if you do any changes from the Unity session, you will not sew a result.
Cheers!

- End of answer at AskUbuntu -
I have posted a bug report at Launchpad.net. it is visible here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1024800

If you have had the same issues, please consider telling them it affects you as well...
-Denny

No comments:

Post a Comment