Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A working hoverboard by 2015


After reading articles about this, I just had to share it with you.

I have never had the dexterity to ride a skate board, snow board and the like,

But as a kid it was the stuff of day dreams, especially after the Back to the Future movie showed that hoverboard McFly uses.

I would have taken it, even if it did say Barbie on it.

While we are still quite a ways off from the model I just mentioned, by 2015 we will be able to purchase a literal hoverboard.

It exists now, and works.

Signe Brewster of Gigaom got to ride it, and I am a little envious of her opportunity.

It will be available by October 21st, 2015.

It will cost $10,000 and the battery only lasts 7 minutes.

If that doesn't turn you off (not that I have 10 dollars most of the time, let alone 10 grand), then you could own an interesting piece of technology and history.

It's not history because of the hoverboard technology itself. Technically that technology has been around for quite some time in the form of maglev trains, 1979 in fact.

But this is the first time such a device has been available (or I should say, will hopefully be available) in a small compact form for single individual use.

Well that's enough from me, let's take a look at this amazing piece of hardware:



If you are interested, then you can get in on the ground floor.

The company is currently running a kickstarter campaign.

If you are interested, you can find more information here:

No comments:

Post a Comment