Friday, October 18, 2013

Calibre, an excellent ebook/epub reader...



While reading the Linux news at Softpedia, I noticed an article about a ebook reader named Calibre.

I was skeptical at first, I've been hard pressed to find a better ebook reader for Linux platforms than FBReader.

I have to admit though that after using Calibre for a little while, it won me over.

FBReader is a fine ebook reader, but Calibre has a easier book addition system, an easier to use menu system, and a few functions I never even knew where possible for an ebook reader, like a ebook converter.

I love the store option.

If I could make changes, it would be that full screen wouldn't stretch the book to ridiculous portions, and I wish i could ad a website as a store, like JW.org.

Here is a list of features available thanks to http://calibre-ebook.com/about#features:

Library Management
E-book conversion
Syncing to e-book reader devices
Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
Comprehensive e-book viewer
Content server for online access to your book collection

You can get Calibre here: http://calibre-ebook.com/

Ubuntu users can get Calibre from the Software Store, Synaptic, or through apt-get. (sudo apt-get install calibre)

If you have been looking for a good ebook reader, give Calibre a try.
-Denny

No comments:

Post a Comment