Tuesday, February 24, 2015

XFCE still rocks!

I know I will come off as a bit of a fan boy, but...

After exhaustively looking for a different desktop environment for Linux, I can say that XFCE is still number one in my book.

I have tried just about all of them, including window managers.

Gnome, Unity, KDE, Cinnamon, Mate, LXDE, Openbox, Enlightenment, Blackbox, Fluxbox, i3, rat poison, awesome, fvwm...

If you name it, I most likely tried it. (I know this is no where near the full list.)

Why do I like XFCE? Simply, it has just enough bells and whistles to be easily used by most people, and yet it is very light on resources.

It's a tricked out pony, especially if your number one concern is functionality.

I personally like Xubuntu's slant on things, making XFCE just pretty enough to be gentle on the eyes, without compromising speed and stability.


This is my screenshot. An awesome desktop environment.

I seriously suggest you try XFCE with your distro today.

And if you are an Ubuntu user, then try out Xubuntu!

No comments:

Post a Comment