Monday, March 18, 2013

Die.net, a collection of projects


When I first found this site, it was researching what the word tabernacle meant. I now know it means "a temporary lodging" thanks to Die.net.

I then saw that Die.net houses a lot of Linux information, which is also very useful.

Die.net's header reads: "Online since 1996, die.net hosts the collective 'net projects of a few dozen friends in the U.S."

But what strikes me is Die.net's purpose. To collect friends' Internet projects together in one place. Whose friends? I wonder...

The only information I could dig up was from a whois search of Die.net.
I found out that some person named Aaron Hopkins, from Los Angeles CA owns the .net.

I wish I had more backstory, that's half the fun of finding quirky little websites on the net.

Besides the interesting mystery though, there are a lot of interesting and useful tools on this website.

As I mentioned earlier, there is a plethora of useful Linux info on here.

I also found a guide to Python, A trace hop utility and a moon phase program, just to name a few of the quirky things hosted on this website. (Like a yarn store...)

I love finding these quirky little web pages that are tucked into the corner of the web. I suggest you give Die.net a look over.

No comments:

Post a Comment