Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Canonical's "Jumpstart"

I went to Ubuntu.com just to check out what's happening, and I was greeted with this:

An Ubuntu private cloud within 5 days

Five days.
$9,000.
One fully-functioning cloud.

I started reading about it, and it sounds like a great way to get a service up and running on the order of a music store, facebook, twitter, or maybe something like sourceforge.

 I like that Canonical is working Ubuntu into a multi headed multi platformed system, not just for us computer geeks.

I also noted that Ubuntu has hit the 20 million mark for users. While I know that this is a drop in the bucket in comparison to Microsoft (I so wanted to call it Microshaft or something else not very flattering to MS, but...)

As a side note I have gravitated toward Xubuntu LTS releases for my customers. The stability of the LTS releases along with XFCE having a feel they are used to seems to be a win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment